Our Mission and Culture
The University of Michigan School of Public Health is pursuing a healthier world with compassion, innovation and inclusion to create meaningful, lasting impact.
- We believe in compassion. Our work is born from compassion, leading to knowledge, research, and action.
- We believe in innovation. We've seen a better future, it's why we are driven to help. Through creative problem-solving and innovative thinking we lay the groundwork for a healthier world.
- We believe in inclusion. We work with diverse talents across campus and across the world to bring more than ideas; we partner to create lasting solutions.
- We pursue impact. The ultimate goal of our work is to create positive change and have a lasting effect on the health of the world.
Our Guiding Principles
The University of Michigan School of Public Health is committed to:
- Improved health for populations and individuals worldwide;
- Health equity for all people;
- Diversity and inclusion in education, research and service;
- Ethical principles of teaching, learning, research and practice;
- Excellence and innovation;
- Equitable partnerships with individuals, communities, and practitioners.