Arnold S. Monto, MD
- Professor Emeritus, Epidemiology
- Professor Emeritus, Global Public Health
- Thomas Francis, Jr. Collegiate Professor Emeritus of Public Health
- Co-Director, Michigan Center for Respiratory Virus Research and Response
Dr. Monto's primary current concerns include occurrence, etiology and prevention of infectious diseases in industrialized and developing countries; frequency and cause of respiratory infections in families living in the community, and in factors which predict the occurrence and prevention of these illnesses; research and training to respond to bioterrorist threats.
Acting Chair of the FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee
- MD, Cornell University, 1958
- BA, Cornell University, 1954
Prevention and treatment of influenza; Epidemiology of respiratory infection; Infectious disease epidemiology.
Hand hygiene and mask use interventions for reducing influenza transmission in the community setting (The M-FLU Study)